Sunday, July 15, 2012

Two New Reads

I finished Out of My Mind - a great book about a little girl with CP and her thoughts and life. She gets a voice through technology and finally can express herself. Every teacher should read this book!!! I also read a book by Anne River Siddons - very southern and a bit strange as all of her books tend to be and somewhat dark. I liked it although the end was very odd. It was called Burnt Mountain.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Out of My Mind! Which reminds me I need to find a hard copy to give to my mother who is a paraprofessional who works with students who are non-verbal. I think she would really appreciate the story. I love how technology ultimately allows her to use her voice. Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this video it will break your heart!

    http://www.youtube.com/v/JmLVRXicdsI

    ReplyDelete